Support - You Are Not Alone

As Hagued Mothers, we understand the shock and trauma you are feeling.  

It is likely that you have just escaped an abusive relationship only to discover that there is a law that has perfected the art of silencing and isolating the abused - while empowering the abuser. 

While nothing replaces the support of family, friends, and community;  

below are links to advocates, solicitors, and psychologists that other Hagued Mothers have found helpful. 

Shiloh Life Centre
Ark of Hope

Shiloh Life Centre Ark of Hope

is a non-profit organisation that has over ten years experience supporting and advocating

for mothers and children in the Family Courts.

Follow the link for support. 


Legal Advice 

If you have been Hagued you will need legal advice and representation.  We recommend reaching out to a specialist Hague solicitor. 


There have been reports that a FACS solicitor has told mothers they do not need representation and can self represent, and even offered to ‘help’ with uploading their court documents. 

This is not help, nor correct advice. This is sabotage. Report this if it happens to you. 


While statistics suggest that an alarming number of cases involve mothers fleeing domestic violence and abuse to protect themselves and their children - Hagued mothers are fighting against FACS. 


To be clear, reports suggests between 70% to 91% of the time, FACS are fighting to have Australian, and First Nations Hagued children, returned to the foreign country of the known abuser they fled. 

You need a solicitor who will fight for you

and your children. 

Look after you!

As Hagued mothers, we recommend finding a psychologist or counsellor who has training in trauma, PTSD, and domestic violence

and abuse.


If you have escaped domestic violence and abuse, we recommend that you visit your GP and ask them for a referral to a psychologist. Start your journey to healing now.



Australian Association of Psychologists Inc.



Australian Psychological Society 


Support for Hagued Mothers, children, and their families

1800 Respect National Helpline: 1800 737 732 


Women’s Crisis Line: 1800 811 811 


Lifeline: 13 11 14


Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800


Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467